Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Almost time to step off!

 We're in  the final phase of prep work!  I have my pack sitting at 33 pounds right now after doing some further adjustments and gear swap pouts.  My daughter's pack is just over 16 pounds, but will be a bit heavier once we get her spare clothes and sleeping bag on.  She should still weigh in at under 20 pounds though.

   We've already had one unfortunate change.  One of my hiking buddies had to drop out due to illness, so our party for the first week is now four.  This required some changes with the support teams, but everyone is now on the same page, so I'm looking forward to some happy hiking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pigman's Ferry

 This was our first campsite, and to be honest, I overestimated our abilities.  We went 16 miles on our first day, and it was four miles too...