Thursday, March 14, 2024

How Am I Getting Ready??

 It's a long walk.  I'm averaging 14 miles a day.  Luckily, it's all flat terrain, and while I'll never say it's impossible to get lost, it's pretty hard to get lost on the towpath.  If I veer left, I wind up in the canal ditch.  If I veer right, I wind up in the Potomac river.  

That noted, I've been doing quite a bit of walking.  I generally am walking five miles a day.  I also do anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes on a stationary bike every other day.  I've also been doing strengthening exercises.  Starting next month, I'll start taking short walks with my pack, gradually adding more gear and lengthening each walk as I build up for the big day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed Me!

 Working on assembling meals for the trail!  Dehydrating some broccoli to incorporate into trail fuel!