Thursday, March 14, 2024

To Bear Arms (Or is it Two Bear Arms?)

 I found this interesting blog post via a hiking site about carrying firearms while hiking.  I spent nearly 27 years as a LEO, and I only once had to pull my sidearm and point it at another human being.  Thankfully, the situation didn't force me to pull the trigger.  I'll be travelling in Maryland and D.C., both of which have pretty strict laws on firearms carry.  I carried concealed for many years, and never once had to deploy my weapon.  Once my first born became ambulatory, I decided that having a handgun in the house wasn't worth the risk, and got rid of my SW .38 snubby.  If I had to bring my duty weapon home, I kept it locked up, unloaded in a safe.  I think I'm more likely to be struck by lightning while hiking than to be accosted by a criminal, and besides, firearms are prohibited on the C&O.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed Me!

 Working on assembling meals for the trail!  Dehydrating some broccoli to incorporate into trail fuel!